HOW CAN I USE THESE VISUAL ROUTINE CARDS?
Download these PDF print quality cards with real photos then print out and use in your program with the children and around your early learning environment to:
- Help children understand what is coming next in the day – add cards to a wall, door or other child height surfaces they can refer to the activities and routine throughout the day..
- Help prevent challenging and disruptive behaviours through the use of different visual activities and strategies.
- Encourage children to recognise and name familiar activities, spaces and actions. Extend emerging language skills.
- Help children who get easily frustrated with sequencing of events and understanding expectations .
- Encourage children to share their voice and feel as they belong in the early learning environment you have created by using the cards to create ‘choice actions’. ‘What should we do this afternoon?’ ‘Should we do that before or after washing hands?’
- Help initiate smoother transition times by using cards on a ‘FIRST we – THEN we board.
- Breakdown larger routines into smaller sequences like the lead up to lunch or rest time.
- Use with children who have limited communication skills to help them express what they would like to do.
- Use with morning meetings or afternoon sessions to work together as a group and make choices and decisions collaboratively about what the group will be doing next or tomorrow…or next week!
- Help you as educator to create a routine and manage your time each day more effectively.
- The cards are easily changed around making sure the routine is still flexible if your day isn’t going as planned or according to the children’s specific needs and interests on that day.
**Visual routines are static, meaning they remain present after words are spoken. Children can refer to them to understand what is coming next in the day and regular routines are often learnt more easily when represented visually!
This resource is suitable to use with young toddlers through to preschoolers and those children with special needs or behavioural challenges.
Suitable for all FDC, Centre Based, Occasional Care and OOSH services!
This resource includes 28 printable photo cards and 1 x A4 size Heading Poster.
Simply Print, Cut & Use.
Labels included are :
- What are we doing today? (A4 Poster Header)
- Messy Fun
- Indoor Fun
- Outdoor Fun
- Music Fun
- Rest and Relax
- Morning Tea
- Afternoon Tea
- Potty Time
- Mat Time
- Wash Hands
- Sensory Fun
- Block Play
- Sand Play
- Water Play
- Water plants
- Nature Walk
- Help Clean
- Explorer Basket
- Pack Up Time
You will receive a confirmation email with an official receipt and link to download the digital resources immediately after payment is completed…all files are in PDF format and saved as high print quality . Please note these are digital resources and not mailed out as hard copies.
You can pay via Paypal or a Credit Card with one click but if you have any questions about how to order online please email email@example.com