HOW CAN I USE THIS E-BOOK?
Educational Leaders, Coordinators, Lead Educators and Family Daycare Educators will be able to use this easy to understand guide to:
- Manage their time more effectively.
- Clarify what it is educators actually need to do And WHY when it comes to meeting not only the planning cycle steps but also meeting the wellbeing, nurturing and safety needs of baby and the younger toddler.
- The 5 simple areas that should already be part of your early learning curriculum and focus if working with the 0-2 years age group.
- How to easily gather information about the child’s needs, strengths, progress, wellbeing and development through the use observations.
- How to bring your documentation and sources of information together and identify what the information collected is telling you , leading to your overall Analysis of Learning.
- Finding out how to include the child’s voice and forward plan meaningfully and effectively for babies and toddlers when they don’t yet speak or ‘do any WOW moments’.
- Understanding what to look for when recording an observation in the 0-2 years age group.
- Using 5 easy steps to simplify your documentation and assessment processes.
- What observation tools, moments and resources to use to help you assess and build a picture of each child’s progress on their individual learning journey.
- The differences between brief and detailed observation formats including learning stories, developmental checklists, anecdotal records, apps, running records, photos and more.
- How to decide what observation formats to use and when!
- How to support ongoing learning through environment setup and materials
- How you can analyse the learning when no ‘wow moment’ or significant developmental leap is apparent.
- How to confidently collaborate and communicate with families and include the information as part of your planning cycle using 5 simple ideas.
- Using 6 Easy Action steps you can take quickly to get you started and feeling more confident in your planning.
Planning and play with the 0-2 years age group does not need to be difficult or ‘boring’ – you just need to approach it differently with this age group and this simple series e-book created especially for educators working with younger children will help simplify those planning cycle steps, give you ideas for setting up environments that invite learning and belonging and how you can look for simple but significant moments to observe, all without impacting on regular nurturing and wellbeing routines necessary in the baby and younger toddler age group!
This Simple Series E-Book will guide you through the process of planning for this age group even though you are flat out with those endless nappy changes, sleep settling, feeds and meltdown moments!
What do I get?
22 pages in PDF format so you can either choose to print and add to a folder to refer to as needed or keep filed on the computer or tablet device, printing only when necessary instead. Download and start using immediately after payment confirmed!
This Guide is linked to the Empowered Ed Baby & Toddler Series – you might also find other resources in the series helpful to make your role easier and save time. Find more information about each resource by clicking on the text links below!
1. Play Planner #2 - Play Based Activities already linked to learning areas with additional extension activities for the 0-2 years age group.
5. Sensory Processing Eating Challenges & Strategies - A Guide for Educators
**You will receive a confirmation email with an official receipt and link to download the digital journal resource immediately after payment is completed…all files are in PDF format. Please note these are digital resources and not mailed out as hard copies.
You can pay via Paypal or a Credit Card with one click but if you have any questions about how to order online please email email@example.com