WHY USE THIS JOURNAL?
Are you tired of being told you NEED to be reflecting in your role as an educator and able to show evidence but not being shown HOW to do this in a way you understand?
The Empowered Educator Reflection Journal for Educators doesn’t just give you a space to write reflections – it gives you the ideas, prompts and guidance so you understand HOW to reflect across different areas step by step and most importantly HOW to organise and use that information in your forward planning, professional development and then set realistic goals you can confidently achieve.
Perhaps you are just feeling overwhelmed or frustrated with the whole reflection thing and wondering…
- Where do I start?
- How do I start?
- What do I reflect on?
- If I need to reflect daily, weekly or monthly?
- If there are things I should be reflecting on in more depth than others?
- What the difference is between critical reflection & ‘regular’ reflection.
- Where to record this ‘magical evidence’ – book, app, diary, notebook from the $2 shop?
- What the point of all this reflection is if I never get the chance to go back and read them because I’m too busy doing next weeks paperwork & assessments!
- How to actually use the information from my reflections instead of it being just another paperwork chore and waste of time?
- If there is a simple, yet useful method you could use that doesn’t feel as if you are just creating paperwork and ticking boxes to survive the week?
This is the perfect resource for those educators who struggle to understand the difference between critical reflection and reflection, how to use both, why we need to reflect and when it is needed. This journal will help you to put a simple time-saving system in place using the pages and prompts already done for you so that reflection becomes a positive habit and not a daily, weekly and monthly chore you avoid at all costs until someone asks to see your paperwork!
Or maybe you are an educational leader who dreads bringing up the phrase ‘critical reflection’ with your educators because…
- They feel it isn’t necessary or meaningful and just yet another piece of paper to fill in.
- You are not sure how to breakdown the reflection process into manageable steps that will show the HOW, WHEN & WHY.
- You are told repeatedly that there is no ‘actual’ requirement to have written reflections yet you know that not everyone is confident talking to an assessor or validator about how they use reflection in their planning, self-development and work with the children – they need some form of documented reflection evidence.
- You have run out of ways to try and encourage educators to engage in meaningful reflection and use this as a regular part of their work.
- You need a simple solution that works well for educators with different skills, qualifications and levels of experience as you lead a diverse team and you don’t have a lot of time!
- You struggle to show educators how to use reflection to work towards solutions, identify their needs and goals and contribute to quality improvement plans.
Just need some advice on where to start and key focus points
- It always seems to turn meetings into a place for others to criticise and become negative as different perspectives are raised.
The Empowered Educator Reflection Journal is a professional yet easy to use resource for all educators that will help you to solve those problems and confidently support your educators with reflective practice – without overwhelming them further!
✅ All Early Childhood Educators, Teachers and Leaders in Early Learning Centres, Family Day Care, Occasional Care & Outside School Hours Care will now find it easier to show evidence of a clear and ongoing cycle of reflection throughout their day to day practice and programs by using this simple step by step guide, meaningful prompts and adding just a few simple dot points or lines of text rather than being expected to write a novel with time they do not have just to tick off an ‘evidence’ box!
Use the journal as a resource to help you:
- Turn reflection into a habit that you automatically ‘do’ regularly rather than dread or waste time figuring out when you have to.
- Understand WHAT reflection really means to you as an educator.
- HOW to use the information that comes from your reflections to save time with your forward planning and ensure programming is useful.
- Use reflection as a valuable part of your planning cycle instead of an EXTRA piece of paperwork on top of what you already have to document.
- Mentor and confidently show other educators how to begin reflection and use it as part of their professional development and planning.
- Clarify your own goals, values, philosophy and how to use them to inform your reflections.
- Reflect weekly and monthly with a few quick steps.
- Set professional development goals and raise awareness of extra support or training you require. Record progress on those goals and collect new ideas to share.
- Record ongoing evidence day by day that will be ready to go for those A&R visits – no more scrambling and sleepless nights worrying!
- See the difference between reflection and critical reflection through the use of journal pages and simple critical reflection prompts broken down into sections to help you get started at a pace that suits you!
What do I get?
- 64 pages in PDF format with editable text boxes so you can either choose to print pages as required and add to a folder to take on the go with you or keep on the computer and type, printing only when necessary instead.
- Reflections On Me
- All About Me
- Reflections On The Week Ahead
- My Weekly Self
- Weekly Rewind
- Reflections on the Month Ahead.
- My Monthly Focus
- Reflections on the Month Gone.
- Monthly Rewind
Critical Reflection Focus Areas
- Reflections on Personal Growth
- Reflections on Documentation
- Reflections on Conversations
- Reflections on Day to day Practice
- Reflections on My Program
- Reflections on Children’s Voices
- Reflections on Culture & Diversity
- Reflections on Collaboration
- Reflections on Wellbeing
- Ideas for Team Wellbeing
- Reflections on Environments
Quick Reflection Tools (for when you are having one of ‘those’ months and running short on time!)
- Reflection Quickies
- Quickie Rewind
- In-Action Reflections
- In-Action Moment
- On-Action Reflections
- On-Action Moment
- Looking Forward – Reflection Summary
**You will receive a confirmation email with an official receipt and link to download the digital journal resource immediately after payment is completed…all files are in PDF format. Please note these are digital resources and not mailed out as hard copies.
You can pay via Paypal or a Credit Card with one click but if you have any questions about how to order online please email [email protected]