HOW WILL THIS OUTDOOR PLAY TOOLKIT HELP CHILDREN LEARN OUTDOORS?
The OUTDOOR PLAY TOOLKIT was created to help early childhood educators and homeschool parents just like you work towards making outdoor play and natural learning spaces a bigger focus in your early learning plans using simple tools, guides, printables and easy to understand resources. With the outdoor play toolkit you will know where to start and how to take action beginning with some small but achievable steps…No big budget required!!
Feel inspired to make changes, try new activities, understand how to plan for outdoor learning, make your own easy DIY resources for outdoor play and add simple but fun sustainability experiences to your planning and environment – no matter the early learning service or home environment you work in!
The toolkit has been compiled for busy early childhood educators, students, teachers, leaders, coordinators and sustainability officers working in centre and home based environments along with OSHC educators and homeschool families. See real examples & ideas and try the step by step projects in the E-Guides, E-Books & Printable resource packs.
No endless reflection topics just back to basics information with step by step examples and strategies that educators and parents can act on quickly with minimum fuss or budget. Created and used often by a Mum of 3 and early childhood educator with 30 years experience across Family Day Care, Centre Based Care, Outside School Hours Care, Occasional Care, Supported Playgroups and Family Services environments.
With this outdoor play toolkit you can find out how to update older outdoor spaces & begin designing new areas, invite collaboration from families and children and save time planning by ensuring your outdoor environment or backyard promotes early learning everyday.
With the Outdoor Play Toolkit you will have the resources supporting you to:
- Plan for and set up invitations to play, explore and investigate outside.
- Incorporate and show evidence of intentional and incidental teaching moments and activities outdoors.
- Set up your environment in different ways each week. Feel inspired to begin making changes rather than feeling bored with your current space or overwhelmed with how to provide learning opportunities outside!
- Easily add different play based activities to your weekly plan. Activities are linked to the Australian EYLF outcomes and also have extension ideas and suggestions to cut down on your planning time even further.
- Source, store and present loose parts and open ended play opportunities outdoors.
- Work with the children to create an outdoor environment that invites birds, bugs and other living creatures to care for and investigate.
- Set up simple play areas and small spaces in your yard whether big or large – and why they are important.
- Source and make your own low cost outdoor play equipment and resources.
- Use simple elements and materials (large and small) to begin creating a more natural environment – even on a budget!
- Create a unified approach to understand and then manage risk v benefit with the goal of creating challenges in the outdoor space to allow for greater learning opportunities.
- Introduce simple yet fun activities and processes to help you include and embed sustainable practice outdoors and ensure the children are active participants!
- Get creative with the difficulties of shared outdoor spaces, storage issues, small yards.
- Troubleshoot common outdoor play issues faced by outside school hours and baby/toddler environments.
- Update older outdoor spaces and phase out plastic equipment sustainably and cost effectively.
- Identify and evaluate what works, what doesn’t and what the space might need now.
- Setup and use the outdoor play environment as the ‘3rd teacher’ according to Reggio principles.
What do I get?
The quick answer is LOTS!! This is a huge toolkit of digital resources you will be able to download and begin using the same day!
It includes the following:
- 2 x Printable Poster Packs
- 1 x Sustainable Practice & Playful Activities E-Book
- 16 Keep It Simple E-Guides
- 1 x Eco Friends Active Learning Printables Pack
You will receive a confirmation email with an official receipt and links to download the following resources immediately after payment is completed…all files are in PDF format and the print quality A4 Posters and Eco Friends Printables come in a pack and also as separate forms so you can print only the ones you need as required. Please note these are digital resources and not mailed out as hard copies.
The E-Guides have been bundled into 4 main areas to make it easy to find what you are looking for at any time. The areas include…
- Planning for Outdoor play
- A Playful Outdoors
- Creating Outdoor Learning Spaces.
You can pay via Paypal or a Credit Card with one click but If you have any questions about how to order online or what is in the toolkit just click on the messenger box you should see at the bottom of your screen and we will help you out!
Want to take a closer look at all of the resources you receive? Scroll down for photos!
Respect Our World A4 Print Quality Poster Pack
Challenging Play A4 Print Quality Poster Pack
Sustainable Practice & Activity Ideas E-Book
Eco Friends Active Learning Tools
16 Empowered Ed Simple Series Categorised E-Guides
Bundle 1 – Creating Learning Spaces
Bundle 2 – Planning for Outdoor Play
Bundle 3 – A Playful Outdoors
Bundle 4 – Sustainability