Want to make outdoor play and natural spaces a bigger focus in your programming but not sure where to start?
Feel inspired to make changes, try new activities, plan and make your own easy DIY resources for outdoor play with this new E-course perfect for busy educators, teachers and homeschool parents. See real examples & ideas from educators just like you and work through the easy to understand course information and handouts at a pace that suits you – you have a full 12 months access so there is no pressure!
If you answer yes to any of the questions below you will find this course a fantastic support!
- Bored with your outdoor environment?
- Not sure how to create & use natural spaces and materials?
- Overwhelmed with risk assessments, sustainable practice, loose parts & outdoor activity planning?
Find out how to update older outdoor spaces & begin designing new areas, invite collaboration from families and team members and save time planning by ensuring your outdoor environment promotes early learning everyday.
This course isn't complicated – you just need to know what to do first, how to do it cost effectively, how to make the most of what you already have and how to bring all the necessary elements together to ensure you offer not just outdoor play but an outdoor learning environment – this course provides ALL that and more!
Includes 18 short video sessions(so you don't need to set aside large blocks of time!), a huge collection of PDF action guides, factsheets, posters and templates. Access content when it suits you for 12 months after doors open on 20/9/17!
Work through the course content all at once or take it slowly – the choice is yours!
ENROLMENT INCLUDES BONUS OUTDOOR PLAY POSTER PACK!
In this course you will learn how to:
- Plan for and set up invitations to play, explore and investigate outside.
- Incorporate and show evidence of intentional and incidental teaching moments and activities outdoors.
- Source, store and present loose parts and open ended play opportunities outdoors.
- Work with the children to create an outdoor environment that invites birds, bugs and other living creatures to care for and investigate.
- Set up simple play areas and small spaces in your yard whether big or large – and why they are important.
- Source and equip outdoor play areas with low cost but engaging and challenging elements.
- Use simple elements and materials to begin creating a more natural environment – even on a budget!
- Create a unified approach to manage risk and create challenges in the outdoor spaces to allow for greater learning opportunities.
- Introduce simple activities and processes to help you include and embed sustainable practice outdoors.
- Get creative with the difficulties of shared outdoor spaces, storage issues and small yards.
- Use a range of play based activity suggestions to incorporate maths, science, drama, social, language, music, movement outdoors.
- Update older outdoor spaces and phase out plastic equipment sustainably.
- Identify and evaluate what works, what doesn't and what the space might need now.Add action steps to a quality improvement plan to help guide you.Setup and use the outdoor play environment as the ‘3rd teacher' according to Reggio principles.
What do I get?
- Access to 18 quick view, easy to understand video sessions. Watch from anywhere in the world with access to a web connection!
- PDF Handouts with guides, action steps, templates, & printables.
- Bonus A4 printable poster pack to help communicate the learning outcomes of various ‘simple' outdoor play opportunities. A helpful resource when you next hear that question “did they just play outside all day?”
- The choice to learn when you want and where you want – you have 12 months to work through the course at your own pace.
- Information, ideas, examples, photos, action steps and strategies that are easy to understand and try yourself – even on a budget!
- A professional development certificate of attendance.
What is the course outline?
Claim the BONUS A4 Printable Poster Pack for outdoor play by registering before enrolments close 19/9/17!