Improve Your Retention & Mentoring Process So You Can Spend Less Time Searching For New Educators & Relief Staff Every Month...
As an early education leader, manager or director, it’s likely that you’re often asked to increase staff retention, confidence, motivation and assertive communication practices…and that’s not easy obviously, especially at the moment.
So, it might surprise you to know that when you introduce an editable orientation folder process like this that you’ve been able to personalize for new staff members who have just started work…it can make a huge difference to staff retention and motivation in your early learning service.
This step by step, fill in the blanks resource makes it easy for you to create and use an orientation folder that is matched to your educational service personality, brand, philosophy, expectations, planning processes and day to day required practices.
Using a simple visual learning tool like this with new educators puts you forward as not only a supervisor but also as a leader who is approachable, consistent in expectations and a possible mentor to others.
And the best part is… it will only take you less than 30 minutes to setup and you can save even more admin time by having printed copies of the pages you’ve personalised for your early education service compiled in folders ready to use as part of your formal induction process.
Think of it as a roadmap, reflection and mentor tool all in the one easy to understand resource!
Begin using this resource with current and new team members so you can support your educators to feel worthwhile, consistent in their work, empowered and always ready to achieve new things.
It’s a win-win situation for both of you -especially the children as ensuring consistency is so very important in early learning programs.
This ‘fill In The Blanks’ Orientation Guide For New Educators Gives You:
- 1ALL PAGES IN FULLY EDITABLE CANVA DESIGN TEMPLATES -change colours, fonts, add text, insert your service logo and images of your early learning environments.
- 2ALL PAGES IN PARTLY EDITABLE GOOGLE SLIDES FORMAT - Change page order, insert your own text, save to share digitally or print to create a hardcopy after editing.
- 3ALL PAGES IN A PRINTABLE PDF DOCUMENT - This cannot be digitally edited but you can print out the pages you want to use, add them to a folder or file and write in what you’d like to include in each section of your guide.
- 4PDF RESOURCE INFORMATION GUIDE - packed with the links you need to access all of the available resource formats, a step by step walkthrough VIDEO showing you my screen and how to edit your guide using all formats - (It’s up to you whether you choose to use 1 or all 3!). I’ve even included my best tips and strategies to help you make the absolute most of this resource.
- 5IMMEDIATE ACCESS to the digital file links via the resource information guide after checkout completed
You Need This ‘Orientation Guide For New Educators’ If You:
Are a leader, manager, coordinator, director or administrator who needs to…
Increase staff retention and educator satisfaction in your early learning service.
Simplify early childhood frameworks, outcomes, standards and principles for new educators.
Mentor new educators & scaffold skills rather than just ‘monitor’ so the whole team benefits.
Provide access to easy to understand job descriptions with performance indicators laid out clearly, how these are expected to be met on an ongoing basis and the consequences or actions for not doing so.
Communicate effectively & assertively so that new educators and teachers better understand the expectations of their role.
Boost morale, ensure consistency and create a cohesive, confident early education team.
Create systems & policies for new educator recruitment and training.
Decrease miscommunication, frustration and confusion while increasing confidence and high quality outcomes for families, children and educators.
When You Use These Orientation Guide Pages You’ll Have A Process To Follow That Makes It Easier For You To Confidently:
- 1Develop, share and maintain clear expectations & guidelines for all roles and responsibilities in the workplace/company/scheme/centre/coordination unit.
- 2Record progress on key performance indicators and goals and mentor accordingly if improvements or changes need to be made
- 3Ensure new educators know how and where to give feedback, discuss a complaint or seek help before letting their frustration, anger or overwhelm become a tool for conflict.
- 4Define your service philosophy, policies, expectations and pedagogy.
- 5Introduce solutions for maintaining educator wellbeing and motivation
- 6Identify professional development needs and opportunities
- 7Welcome a new educator into your team and instill a sense of belonging and confidence from day 1.
- 8Provide an easy to understand option to make sure new educators understand your service program, planning and administration system, including the tools, templates and devices you use everyday.
- 9Setup and personalize your orientation and welcome process using both digital, visual and hard copy formats to complement all adult learning styles.
Who Finds This Resource Helpful?
Family Daycare Coordinators/CDO’s
ECE Service Directors
ECE Service Managers
Outside School Hours Care Coordinator & Leaders
Early Childhood Teachers
What Happens When I Purchase Today - How Do I Access My Resource?
Immediately after your purchase you will receive a link to download an Empowered Ed Resource Information Guide
In this information guide you’ll have access to step by step instruction screenshots to download all resources included in this product, a resource walkthrough video to help you get started using it faster and my tips for getting the absolute *most* from your resource purchase.
If you do not have a FREE Google account yet, I have you covered with a direct link to setup your new account in less than a minute.
With one click you’ll open your resource information pdf then follow my easy visual steps to click on a button and start using this resource.
If you do not have a FREE Canva account yet, that’s no problem because I’ve included access to my tutorial videos and simple steps inside the resource information guide that will help you create your new account in minutes - it’s so easy!
Step By Step Video Tips For Using This Resource Bundle
Ideas For Using This Resource In Your ECE Role...
If you need help with deciding if this resource will be helpful to you please contact me - I’m happy to help.
More Resources I’ve Created To Help You Lead With Confidence…
I’m certain that you’ll also find these resources helpful to your role: