HOW WILL THIS BUNDLE OF RESOURCES HELP ME WITH SUSTAINABLE PRACTICE?
The RESPECTING MY WORLD TOOLKIT was created to help early childhood educators just like you guide young children toward developing a respect and love for the environment, sustainability and how to look after the world around them through playful activity ideas, projects, simple resources and printables that encourage active learning! With the respecting my world sustainability toolkit you will know where to start and how to take action beginning with some small but achievable changes, activities habits and environment changes…No big budget required!! This huge collection of posters, printables, e-books and a 2 hour recorded webinar video gives early years educators more than enough ideas and inspiration to add quickly to weekly programs throughout the year and beyond!
The toolkit has been compiled for busy early childhood educators, family day care educators, students, kindergarten & preschool teachers, leaders, coordinators and sustainability officers working in centre and home based environments along with OSHC educators and homeschool families. See real examples & ideas and work through the easy to understand information in the E-Guides, E-Books, Checklists & Printable resources.
Simple but effective back to basics information with step by step examples and strategies that you will be able to plan for or setup quickly with minimum fuss or budget required. All resources have been created and used often by an educator with 30 years experience across Family Day Care, Centre Based Care, Outside School Hours Care, Occasional Care, Supported Playgroups and Family Services environments.
Downloading the Respecting My World toolkit will give you:
In the Sustainable Practice & Natural Materials E-book –
- 30 Sustainability focused activities using budget friendly or recycled materials to explore with children.
- Play activities and experiences already linked to the Early Years Learning Framework
- Activities that are also linked to developmental areas and learning experiences.
- Extension ideas and tips for each activity that will support you in your forward planning.
- Large photos throughout to help you visualise and replicate the ideas shown.
- An easy to understand, back to basics format and tone that will support you to start embedding practice immediately!
- Over 140 pages of inspiration and ideas to explore for all early years age groups.
- Ideas for making your own cost effective resources.
- Strategies for involving children in sustainable activities and helping them become active and engaged learners
- Clear guidelines and ideas to easily show evidence of your embedded practice.
In the 2 part Sustainability Resource Pack –
- Easy to read fact sheets for educators to use as a guide for planning and room display
- A4 size display notices as well as letter templates for parents and carers.
- Bright, visual ‘how to’ posters to display and prompt discussions with children.
- Activity, project, craft and game ideas to make and do with the children – in large or small groups.
- Information and resources covering learning areas such as composting, worm farms, chickens, saving power ,conserving water, recycling, reusing, gardening fun with children and much much more.
- Easy to follow and use tips, ideas and templates to increase your parent and community engagement.
- An additional printables pack containing games and cards ready to print and use laminated or on the felt board to extend the children’s learning and excitement about sustainable activities.
- Outdoor and recycling projects to encourage children to become hands on, active learners.
In the Sustainability Made Simple Training Video (Webinar Recording)
- How to implement easy sustainability ideas, projects and activities into your program.
- How to empower parents, family and the community in your sustainable activities.
- Tips for involving children as ‘active participants’ in their learning.
- Strategies and lots of visual inspiration to help you introduce and use natural and recycled materials in your planning .
- Ideas for embedding sustainable practice and confidently showing evidence of this practice.
- How to source recycled materials and turn them into valuable learning and play resources.
- Strategies and tips for including sustainable practice into play spaces and activities.
- Support and guidance around the early learning frameworks and what is required.
Simple Sustainability Checklists & Ideas
8 x Printable Posters to help explain the importance of sustainable practice to families and children.
5 x Simple Series E-Books
1 x Eco Friends Printable Pack
Break it Down for me – What do I actually get?
The quick answer is LOTS!! This is a huge toolkit of digital resources you will be able to download and begin using the same day!
It includes the following:
- 1 x Printable Poster Pack (zipped file for easy download)
- 1 x Sustainable Practice & Playful Activities E-Book
- 5 x Keep It Simple E-Guides with a sustainable practice focus
- 1 x Eco Friends Active Learning Printables Pack (zipped file for easy download)
- Access to view a 2 hour recorded webinar presentation with PDF resource booklet and certificate.
- Part 1 Sustainability Resource E-book in PDF format to download and save to your computer.
- Part 2 Sustainability Resource Printables pack with resources to print, laminate and use in the room or for games and activities.
- 1 x Sustainability Checklist of Ideas mini E-Book in PDF format.
You will receive a confirmation email with an official receipt and links to download the following resources immediately after payment is completed…all files are in PDF format and print quality.Please note these are digital resources and not mailed out as hard copies. You can print and bind in a folder or simply use on the computer, laptop or tablet device.
You can pay via Paypal or a Credit Card with one click but If you have any questions about how to order online or what is in the toolkit just click on the messenger box you should see at the bottom of your screen and we will help you out!
Use this tried and tested collection of play based ideas and projects to help you embed sustainable practice and show evidence of your commitment to best practice in this important area of learning.