The FREE Empowered Educator Facebook Group is a safe place where those working in the early years sector can come to feel part of a community committed to empowering not only themselves but also others through always being open to learning something new, supporting, asking questions, feeling part of a tribe and above all sharing the ups and downs of what is often a very stressful role.
I take running a Facebook group and supporting and empowering a passionate group of educators very seriously -therefore I am driven to maintain the supportive environment that has been created which is why the boring rules are so important!
I intend for the group to remain a friendly place for all early childhood educators, students, leaders, teachers, coordinators, directors and other professionals working in the early years sector to feel empowered in their role. Consequently, admin will not tolerate belittling, ranting, abuse, lack of respect for people’s work or general ongoing negativity towards others posting! You will be removed and there won’t be a debate about it – there may not even be a warning if you are a repeat offender.
The Empowered Ed Community is a space to feel supported, network with others and share ideas and inspiration. We work hard to keep this a professional yet friendly space so please be aware that this is a NO-JUDGEMENT ZONE – we draw a firm line between encouraging engagement in helpful reflective practice and making people feel they are not good enough or shouldn’t share their thoughts. We all have different opinions, values, lives and philosophies and the aim here is to be respectful of each other – this is a group with members from all around the world so we can certainly learn from each other and we like to keep it positive so if you don't have something nice to say, please don't post it!
All member applications will first be approved by admin and please be clear that anyone not interested in following the rules below or who choose to spam our members will find themselves swiftly out of this group. I'm not interested in a group with large numbers if it doesn't stay true to the initial goals.
By becoming part of the Empowered Educator Community you are in fact agreeing to the rules listed below:
- No Selling – that means products, services, courses, events and programs (There are times you will be asked if you want to share a link to your website or page – only post on these days!)
- Student Questions – Students are welcome to ask questions about your training and assignments but you MUST show how you have attempted to answer the question first. Please be respectful if answering student questions.
- Don’t PM Admins – Please do not contact admin via private message on Facebook – direct all questions and queries to [email protected] Only those messages will be answered.
- No Posting videos – No creating videos, posting videos of yourself or streaming LIVE into the Group.
- No Rants – If you start your post with the words, ‘this is a rant’, don’t post it. Rant on your own page, not this group as you never know who is seeing what you right and it is a fast way for a group to be come a negative environment no one wants to visit.
- Be Helpful – Remember that everyone is at a different stage in their career – be respectful and provide genuine and helpful feedback when you can. Aim to give more than you take!
- Join in – There are challenges and theme days, aim to take part and in the process grow a supportive tribe who give back to you in return!
- Share Your Knowledge – A good educator is always willing to listen to new ideas, be inspired by others and reflect upon different approaches to best practice. Become a valued group member and feel confident to also share your own experience and advice with fellow members in a respectful tone.