I'm joining in with Rhonda at Down to Earth today for her ‘On my mind feature'….
This is a Friday photo feature that anyone with a blog can join. To take part, post a photo on your own blog, write a short caption explaining it, and link it back to here from your blog by saying you're part of “On my mind”.
On my mind today is…..
I have talked about this photo before and as i came across it yesterday i remembered that i wrote about postnatal depression and not feeling'happy' when i looked at this beautiful family of mine. You can read more here if you are interested.
I realised yesterday that when i looked at this photo again i have made progress and slowly the fog is lifting. I have had moments of pure joy, happiness and laughter in this month …as well as frustration, tiredness and tears (but no more so than any Mum!)I can feel so much more when i look at this photo now…rather than just guilt and a wave of sadness.I don't really know why that is…..i have being trying to practice mindfulness and living day to day rather than trying to see ahead and create perfection.
Reflecting upon this photo and also reading a lovely post from Mooberry farm during the week have inspired me to write a list of 10 things that have made me feel happy and worthwhile this month…..i'd like to share them with you…..
1. Miss Teen receiving academic awards at her speech night and being only 1 of 2 students in her year accepted by our University to participate in a new ‘Headstart' program where she will begin taking a uni course while still attending high school….a marvellous concept i think she will really enjoy!
2. Miss Toddler Tara picking flowers for me when we were walking outside
3. Miss toddler Ruby sliding down the slide by herself for the first time and the look of pride on her face
4. The lovely rain and cooler weather we have been having when usually it is so hot and humid at this time.
5. Eating vegies and salad from the garden most nights…..the hard work is paying off!
6. Watching the chooks run when out free ranging and Miss Tara trying to catch up with them to ‘pat'….i have never seen anything so hilarious!
7. Watching my partner play with his girls even when tired after a long day at work…..hearing them shout ‘Dadee' as he comes up the steps is just beautiful. I am so thankful that the girls have a father who is so hands on and makes them feel important.
8. Miss Tara beginning to say more recognisable words now…one of them being ‘staaar' for her sister Ruby which we finally worked out is because i call her Ruby Roosta all the time!She claps herself everytime she ‘shares' something with Ruby.
9. Finally putting myself first to commit to losing weight, i have lost 2.9 kgs on my first week back at Weight watchers.
10. Tara and Ruby trying to put the wattle seed pods back onto the tree when we were outside was a very funny moment…you try explaining to toddlers that the pods are allowed to fall off the tree!
You know what…i could keep going with happy moments and for that i am truly grateful as a few months ago i would have found it exceptionally difficult. I think blog writing is playing its part too as it really makes me think about what i achieve in a week and there is inspiration all around when reading other's blogs!
Thank you for being part of my journey….i'll leave you with some photos that have also made me happy and full of gratitude this month….
Have a lovely weekend