…..No sorry, they are puppies but we love them anyway! Sometimes in my overtired, cheeky moments this is what i feel like replying when i am asked that question for what seems like the hundredth time during a shopping trip with the girls in the double pram!
As parents of twins we are now used to some silly comments and have learned to take them in our stride but one thing i have never gotten used to is people literally jumping in front of the pram to ask their question and talk to the toddler twosome….i mean i almost run some of these people over !(obviously they don’t understand how stressed a parent of any number of toddlers is when out at a shopping centre with a list of things to get or they would think twice i am sure, hehe)
Most people are just trying to be kind i know but it is odd how you and your children seem to become public property when you are a little different (i can only imagine the looks with higher order multiples!) Of course it is nice to feel special and i am very proud of all my girls…..sometimes though i just like to reflect on how i feel after one of ‘those’ shopping trips so i don’t turn into grumpy mumma!I really do just try to remember to laugh…..these are the top 10 comments i have received regularly since we had the girls and began venturing out….hopefully i can put a smile on your face too!
1. Are they twins? (Always number 1 question, hehe)
2. Are they identical? (You can see them right?)
3. Which one is the good one? (This one is increasing as they get older) Who is the oldest? (who cares?)
4. Double trouble there love (i used to just nod and agree but now i say, no, double hugs and kisses…)
5. They aren’t dressed alike…wasn’t sure if twins or not (hmmm, very rarely are..they are individuals)
6. Who is your favourite? (one day i am going to answer that and see their horrified look just for fun!)
7. One boy and one girl? (Got this alot before 6 months…one lady even said ‘oh that one has blue on when i replied they were both girls!)
8. Was it IVF/did you use fertility treatment? (i really dislike this one as i used to feel i had to give everyone our personal story…and i don’t think it is anyones’ business)
9. Do twins run in the family? (i just say yes now and listen to how many people also have twins in the family…hehe)
10. Are you/did you breastfeed? (This one from people i have never met before and i have never worked out what the ‘correct’ answer is and why they need to know!)
But out of all the comments i receive i have to say my absolute favourite is “double the love or double the joy there!” These people receive the biggest smile ever and i feel so good as a Mum rather than a bit of a freak….so next time you see a mum shopping with her twin pram perhaps try that comment and i bet you are rewarded with a grateful smile!
The toddler twosome and Miss teen had a great time with ‘Slime Play’ yesterday. This is an old favourite from way back and such a great sensory activity for all ages. It’s slimy and gooey, makes a great talking point and is a stress buster!
There are many recipes around i am sure but this is the way i have always made it……
Thanks for stopping by….have fun!