How to Microwave Salt Dough Ornaments
- Separate your ornaments (or whatever you are making with salt dough) into a few dinner plate sized batches
- Spread them around a large plate and then microwave on High for between 50 secs and 3 minutes total.
- Check at 20-30 second intervals as cooking times will vary and it is quite easy to burn and go past the point of no return!!
- Turn over once during cooking time to help both sides dry out evenly.
- Cooking time will vary depending on the number and thickness of ornaments you place onto plate, your microwave oven size and also the thickness of the plate itself.
- Keep a close eye on them while cooking and find the total time that works best for you – you’ll know if you go to long because they will blacken! I suggest using a ‘demo’ batch as your first lot. If they still have a few wet patches even after 3 minutes just cook in 10 second intervals until hard all over.