Welcome to my weekly series ‘Recycled Play’. Regular readers of this blog will know that I have a passion for play but I also have a passion for ensuring parents and educators understand that play doesn’t have to be expensive. You don’t need all the latest equipment and well marketed toys!
This series is all about inspiring you to discover a love of recycled or upcycled play – each week I will be taking you on a journey through ideas and projects to try for yourself…projects that will not only save you money but provide the kids with hours of fun.
The ideas I have chosen from around the web and from my own blog range from very easy to ‘you possibly might need a patient handyman/woman’! There is something for everyone each week though and plenty of projects that the children can do themselves I promise! Last week we explored ideas for DIY and Recycled Outdoor Play – catch up here if you missed it.
I’m not going to keep you waiting, let’s continue our journey with …
Week 2 – DIY Musical Fun!
To learn more about each project just click on the highlighted text under each photo collage.
Ready to be inspired to recycle for play and make some music? Let’s go!
1. Recycled Outdoor Music Station – My Nearest and Dearest
2. DIY Sand blocks – Fairy Dust Teaching
3. Rainbow Shakers – Activity Village
4. Build a Musical Spool Table – Mummy Musings and Mayhem
5. A Simple Outdoor Music Area – Play Dr Mom
6. Marvelous Maracas – Making Multicultural Music
7. DIY Wrench Xylophone – Relentlessly Fun, Deceptively Educational
8. Popsicle Stick Harmonica – Housing a Forest
9. Paper Plate Tambourine – Education.com
10. PVC Pipe Xylophone – Frugal Fun for Boys
11. Mini Tin Can Drums – Make and Takes
12. Cardboard Guitar – Minieco
13. Wind Pipes – Laughing Kids Learn
14. Tissue Box Guitar – Adventures at Home with Mum via Octavia & Vicky
15. Mini Lid Banjos – The Craft Train
16. DIY Rain Sticks – Danya Banya
Make a Musical Banging Tree! Click here to see how we did it!
Did you miss Week 1? Catch up on DIY Outdoor Play here for lots of interesting ideas and inspiration!
I don’t think I will be buying musical instruments any time soon….what about you? What is your favourite?