At the moment we still have a fridge full of Christmas food leftovers…mainly because I had two sick kids and a Dad on Christmas day ..and that was a whole lot of fun as you can imagine!
I was pleased to note they are packed with whole grains and contain less fat than regular potato chips. They have certainly made a yummy and healthy addition to the holiday snack boxes and would obviously be perfect for the lunchbox too.
The girls are really loving these mini bites and because they are in fun packaging they also feel like they have something a little special in their lunchboxes when the comparisons begin with the family day care kids! No need to mention to them that they have the healthier snack option 😉
Like the sound of keeping some snack boxes ready to go for the holidays but all out of new ideas to keep the kids happy without resorting to the usual treats?
Here's some ideas and inspiration for you to help get started!
Easy snack box ideas for kids……
- Small bite size rice cakes – our current favourites are SunRice Mini Bites
- Cheese cubes and sultanas…sometimes diced dried apricots
- Mini savoury muffins – Ham, cheese and vegetable are a favourite and easy to make and freeze. Fantastic for school lunchboxes too.
- Two fruits (just buy the large tin and spoon into a small container…don't spend money on fancy little tubs!)
- Mini toasts (seen in pic below)
- Mini cheese crackers
- Diced leftover cold meat
- Boiled egg cut into quarters
- Frozen fruit pieces…especially mango
- Dry cereals such as cheerios, nutrigrain or similar.
- A little pot of yoghurt with some stewed fruit stirred through
- Cold pasta spirals or spaghetti
- Apricot Fruit Balls
- Choc broccoli mini muffins (sweet but with a cup and a half of green vegies included!)
- Carrot, pumpkin and sweet potato muffins (a personal favourite in my own snackbox 😉 )
- Little pieces picked from the garden such as cherry tomatoes, strawberries, crunchy capsicum and snow peas
- Plain breadsticks (broken up into smaller pieces) or baby carrots with hummus or yoghurt dip
- Crunchy plain noodles
- Leftover mini meatballs
- Pizza or cheesymite mini scrolls