HOW CAN I USE THIS GUIDE TO MENTOR & SUPPORT EDUCATORS?
This guide gives Educational Leaders the prompts, templates and reflection questions to help them organise and conduct productive yet informal catch-up and mentoring sessions with other team members. Links with the Empowered Educator Leader Journal and Planning Cycle Review Form. The idea behind this action guide is to prompt conversation, reflection and
discussion as you work through the guide together in an informal ‘chat’ session first rather than an intimidating formal meeting.
Educational leaders, Coordinators and Directors will be able to use the ‘Connect & Grow’ tips, tools and templates to:
- Reflect on current practice in a supportive and friendly 1:1 space.
- Foster a sense of connection and provide opportunities for growth, mentorship, motivation and ongoing
- Mentor and inspire educators rather than just directing or monitoring.
- Ensure team members are recognised for their achievements and hard work building a sense of capacity, empowerment and wellbeing (essential for a cohesive, happy team!)
- Record progress on individual action plans and collaborate to assign new tasks and goals.
- Present a balance of problem-solving issues and opportunities for learning and creative discussion.
- Provide opportunities for active learning and sharing.
- Simplify frameworks, outcomes and principles and identify the areas that need some extra support.
- Share and inspire with programming ideas and inspiration.
- Identify any areas of concern or work performance issues for further investigation and problem-solving.
- Record evidence of ongoing support and commitment to team wellbeing and professional development.
What do I get?
- 12 pages in PDF format with editable text boxes so you can either choose to print and add to a folder to take on the go with you to the sessions or keep on the computer and type, printing only when necessary instead.
Pages include the following:
1. Our Previous Session (Goals, action steps, progress made)
2. 3 pages of ‘Let’s Chat’ questions and conversation starters to prompt reflection and feedback.
3. Wellbeing Check-In & Tips
4. Looking Forward ( Action plan template with goals, action steps, timeframes etc)
5. Comments Pages
This resource is linked to the Empowered Ed Leadership Series – you might also find these resources helpful to make your role easier and save time:
**You will receive a confirmation email with an official receipt and link to download the digital resource immediately after payment is completed…all files are in PDF format. Please note these are digital resources and not mailed out as hard copies.
You can pay via Paypal or a Credit Card with one click but if you have any questions about how to order online please email email@example.com