HOW CAN I USE THIS PLANNING CYCLE REVIEW TOOL?
Use this guide and checklist tool to help you regularly review, reflect on, simplify, identify gaps and discuss Educator room programs and planning documentation while keeping clear evidence of your commitment to support team members and their ongoing professional development!
Educational leaders, Coordinators and Directors will be able to use this review tool and easy to follow checklists to:
- Set up an efficient process for reviewing, reflecting and discussing room programs and planning documentation.
- Identify whether the programs link to current service philosophy.
- Confirm an ongoing cycle of observations, analysis of learning, forward planning and evaluation or identify gaps.
- Explore if efforts have been made to incorporate family needs, culture, diversity & community into the program this month.
- Identify any possible professional development needs or further support required for the group/educator.
- Reflect on methods for recording and incorporating the child’s voice into experiences and forward planning.
- Record progress on goals and collect new ideas to share.
- Guide educators toward understanding each step of the planning cycle and WHY they have been asked to document each step.
- If reflection is being used to inform educators’ programming and day to day practice.
- Examine whether the program has provided a range of learning outcome opportunities across all areas of the relevant standards, framework and/or guidelines.
- Whether observation tools and apps are being used meaningfully and correctly or if further support/training is required.
- How to set up and use portfolios effectively while also managing time constraints.
- Set up an easy to follow action plan with timeframes for individual educators.
- Show evidence of ongoing support and commitment to the effectiveness of the service programming cycle and continuous professional development in this area.
What do I get?
- 19 pages in PDF format with editable text boxes so you can either choose to print and add to a folder to take on the go with you or keep on the computer and type, printing only when necessary instead.
Pages include the following:
- Program Essentials
- Observation Basics and Tools
- Family Connections
- Portfolios & Learning Journals
- Program Essentials Summary
- Looking Forward (Goals, action steps, timeframes).
- Follow up and Collaboration Section
This resource is linked to the Empowered Ed Leadership Series – you might also find these resources helpful to make your role easier and save time:
**You will receive a confirmation email with an official receipt and link to download the digital journal resource immediately after payment is completed…all files are in PDF format. Please note these are digital resources and not mailed out as hard copies.
You can pay via Paypal or a Credit Card with one click but if you have any questions about how to order online please email [email protected]theempowerededucatoronline.com