What do your children like to do with things they pick from the garden?
For the Australian educators reading about this activity I would link to the following EYLF outcomes….
Outcome 1: Children have a strong sense of identity
- Children develop their emerging autonomy, inter-dependence, resilience and sense of agency
- Children feel safe, secure, and supported
- Children become socially responsible and show respect for the environment
Outcome 4: Children are confident and involved learners
- Children develop dispositions for learning such as curiosity, cooperation, confidence, creativity, commitment, enthusiasm, persistence, imagination and reflexivity
- Children develop a range of skills and processes such as problem solving,inquiry, experimentation, hypothesising, researching and investigating
- Children resource their own learning through connecting with people, place, technologies and natural and processed materials
Outcome 5: Children are effective communicators
- Children interact verbally and non-verbally with others for a range of purposes
- Children use information and communication technologies to access information, investigate ideas and represent their thinking